Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Announcement

Dear Friends,
Effective December 31st, I am resigning as AVL Manager at Colonial Baptist Church (don’t worry – I’m here full bore for Christmas Sweet).  After much prayer and consideration, I have concluded that this is God’s clear direction for our family.  I would like to thank my fellow co-workers, church members, and most importantly – the tech arts volunteers for the last 3 and a half years of shouldering up together in kingdom building work for the Lord.  Colonial has been so great to our family, having been gracious to us in difficult family situations, and in ministering to us through friendships, prayers and personal interactions that have encouraged and shaped us.
I am happy to assist with the transition in whatever way is most appropriate and helpful.  I feel that this change is necessary for me to spend the next few years focused on my family – especially on Sundays.  My kids are 12 and 14, and we as a family want to experience church together.
God has provided another opportunity to serve Him professionally in a way that I know is a much better “fit” for my skills and desires.  I can’t wait to begin managing Troy Henry’s studio and producing/engineering at PureMix Studios in Wake Forest, NC.  Troy has been consulting churches as a sound engineer for years, but has in the last 2 years become more focused on this as his livelihood and therefore has been in need of someone to delegate all the studio work to.
I will miss you guys a lot.  I have loved being able to serve, learn, laugh and pray together with you guys.  There are plenty of things I will miss, and plenty of things I will not miss.  I can’t imagine being more excited about making a career change.  It is definitely the right time, and nothing feels better than the certainty of knowing you are following God’s clear direction.  I am really grateful to God for my time with you guys at Colonial, and for His clear direction and provision for this new career path.  Studio work is definitely what I was wired up for.  Please pray for me and my family as we begin a new chapter in our journey, as we will continue to pray for and support you, our friends and Colonial church family.

CONFIDENT IN CHRIST,
Eric Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment